Friday, April 23, 2010

You really left your mark.

I stay because if I don't, he won't.
I stay because it'll make him realize I'm in it 'til the end.
I stay because it'll make him open his eyes to see the things he does to me.
I stay because I'd miss him too much.
I stay because of the good times.
I stay because if I go, what kind of best friend is that?
I stay because one of us has to be rational.
I stay because he always comes back.
I stay because I care.
I stay because I know he cares.

I stay despite the fact he's so incredibly rude to me.
I stay despite the fact he blatantly ignores me on a daily basis.
I stay despite the fact I can't tell him about my problems.
I stay despite the fact I can never call him without getting scolded.
I stay despite the fact I only see him maybe twice a week.
I stay despite the fact he may not care about anything I have to say.
I stay despite the fact his girlfriend hates my guts.
I stay despite the fact we have differences and extreme disagreements.
I stay despite the fact he's brought me to tears.
I stay despite the fact he rarely talks to me first.

"Face down in the dirt, she says, 'This doesn't hurt.'"



Is this patience?
Or madness?



Maybe it's love.


Lying there with a halo in her hair, she cried,
"There are feathers everywhere! But it's fine... you do this all the time."

No comments:

Post a Comment